How to register tax code for organizations which license issued by an agency that is not part of the Ministry of Planning and Investment of Vietnam

In Vietnam, an enterprise that is granted license by Department of Planning and Investment will have “enterprise code”, which is also the tax code.

But in other cases such as a new representative office (R.O.) of foreign trader in Vietnam, its license is issued by Department of Industry and Trade. And the license number is not a tax code, which is why the R.O. must register for a tax code separately with the Tax Department.

Despite the fact that preparing registration forms for the new tax code is rather simple, many R.O.’s dossiers were rejected by tax officials simply because they were unaware that an online step was required first. That online stage can be completed on the Vietnam Tax Department’s internet portal (In Vietnamse: Thuedientu)

DATA ENTRY VIETNAM is delighted to provide additional information. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.